Monday, December 28, 2009

in the library 12.28.09

This Christmas I found some great books for my collection under the tree. Unfortunately my scanner is out of commission until late January (technical difficulties with Windows 7) so we're going to do this the old fashion way...


My book pick this week has nothing to do with design, but I would be doing a great disservice to my readers if I didn't share. It's called Vefa's Kitchen and it's all Greek to me.


With recipes like cracked potato tossed in coriander and cheese pastitsio, this book truly is the bible of Greek Cooking! I'm inspired just by looking at the gorgeous photos.


Many of the recipes are surprisingly simple. I guess that's the beauty of Greek food: simple, natural and delicious. Everything has a 'thrown together' feel to it, something that inspires my earth-mother sensibilities.

I can't wait to try some of these recipes, though to be honest it will mostly be David doing the real cooking...I'll probably stick to the lentils and rice. Either way, this book is a must have for your library.

No comments:

Post a Comment