Friday, August 28, 2009

weekend project: get ready for fall

It may be over 100 degrees here in Southern California, but that is all the more reason to yearn for the crisp autumn weather. Last night I was flipping through the newest Martha Stewart Living and came across the perfect fall project and I had to share.

Needle Felting is the practice (and the aptly named tool) of intertwining wool fibers- be it yarn, felt or wool roving- to create textural patterns. You can do this on any wool you can get the needle through (think: skirts, shoes, curtain embellishment, endless possibilities).


Add some seasonal color to the living room with these fuzzy felt & wool pillows. I'm a fan of the diamond pattern, which reminds me of an argyle sweater.


These scarves look like they would be expensive at a craft fair...

The projects actually look pretty simple, they just require the necessary tools. For a behind the scenes look at what the project was like, visit the Craft Dept blog and pick up the September issue of Martha Stewart Living for instructions. I'll be testing this one out too, so check back for pictures and my version of the story. Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment