Tuesday, August 11, 2009

a noteable project

No matter what I do, I just can't get away from using paper. First of all, I'm a list maker. I need my to-do lists to get me through each day (plus it's so very satisfying to cross things off). Then I need paper for the printer, paper for drawings, paper paper paper.

I do try to cut back by using scrap paper as much as possible. But the pile of scrap printer paper was starting to outweigh the blank sheets so I decided it was time for a new plan.


I thought my piles of paper would be better used as notepads. That way I can make my lists and throw them into my purse, car, wherever (I never leave home without a notepad). To make things more fun I decided to use some scrap fabric to bind them.


So I chopped up my paper into halves and quarters, punched holes for metal brads, and glued the strips of fabric onto the pads. Viola! A whole new set of notepads.


I'm really not much of a crafter but this was easy and turned out pretty well...so just be warned that some of you may be receiving these as gifts.

2 comments: