Thursday, August 20, 2009

spotlight on: Austin, TX

It seems that, in spite of the economy, people are still doing a fair but of travel this year. I myself have been dreaming of a mini-break to Austin and it seems like I'm not alone - almost every magazine I look at these days has a travel guide for the live music capital of the world.

This image, from a recent issue of Southern Living, really fueled the fire. The first thing I thought was that it looks like the French Riviera, the place that my summer vacation dreams are made of.

The aptly named Oasis, is a restaurant overlooking Lake Travis. It features live music most evenings and a spectacular view of the sunset. Oh how I wish I was there right now...

To plan a best of Austin vacation, check out some of these travel guides
Southern Living, Weekend Itinerary
Design Sponge, Austin Design Guide
Austin Visitor's Bureau
Austin's 10 Best

No comments:

Post a Comment