Wednesday, September 30, 2009

blank canvas

It's official! I am finally moving into a new place and I couldn't be more excited. Our apartment has a couple of great features: vaulted ceilings, 5 huge closets, 2 bedrooms (upgrading from a one bedroom, this is like heaven) and a fairly efficiently planned kitchen, making it the ultimate blank canvas for me to play with.

So I decided that it would make a cool blog feature to document the process of making this place our home. Here we go:

Just got the keys!

This is the view from the entryway looking at the living room, with the dining area straight ahead and kitchen on the left. The door leads to the master suite.

A shot of the pass-through at the kitchen (another feature I love in small spaces)

A nice little kitchen (take note of the open shelving on the left. This will be fully utilized)

looking at the living area with sliding patio door (the patio extends to the left across the master suite with doors as well. I didn't photograph this.)

And, finally, a not-so-great shot of the 2nd bedroom, which will be my new office. Despite the photo, it actually has great natural light.

Stay tuned for my moving adventures. I'll come up with some nifty storage solutions too when we move onto the closets and bathrooms. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment