Monday, September 7, 2009

in the library 9.07.09

This week's book pick shows us some inspiring spaces that seamlessly blend the old with the new (think of that ornate armoire in your grandmother's bedroom that will someday be your property, or your problem, depending on how you look at it).

I happen to love old, well made and unique pieces of furniture and find it comforting to have items around me that have seen several lifetimes. As long as I can mix it with my Ikea, I'm good.



I love the industrial light fixture used here with simple and somewhat rustic elements.


Hey, there's that armoire I was referring to! Look how great it is when re-purposed as a pantry (or a bar).

I found these book images at The City Sage blog, so thank you
Anne. Do check out her blog, I just found it this morning but I'm already a fan.

find the book at Amazon or your favorite local retailer

No comments:

Post a Comment