Thursday, September 3, 2009

home-work

I know I talk about home offices a lot, probably because I and many other people I know are currently working from home. But I actually do have quite a fondness of the idea of working where you sleep (though not literally). There is something very personal about the kind of work you create when you do it in a space that means a lot to you. For me, I love having my dog at my feet all day and I enjoy making lunch in my own kitchen.

Not that I wouldn't love to have a large expanse of counter space in an offsite office, but I should make the best of what I've got for now and I'm grateful to have a space that I run how I want it (though slightly more messy).

Here are some inspiring images of home offices in all their efficient and well-organized glory.





images from Martha Stewart's Home

View in Room


View in Room
images above from Pottery Barn

And some clever ideas for storage in your own space

Home Office Storage

cookie sheet to magnetic board
a cool magnet board made from a baking sheet

built-in paper separator
I need this! A wine rack for my plans

Home Office Storage

storage ideas from Better Homes & Gardens

1 comment:

  1. Very clean line looking designs. Yes most people do work from home to cut costs so keep up your great designs.

    ReplyDelete