Thursday, October 1, 2009

wall fancy

I know I've said this before, but wallpaper is a great way to make a space feel entirely different with very little cost and effort (it's really not that big of a pain...). My suggestion is typically to use it in small doses to make the most impact.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3570/3819494917_8a92c50625_o.jpg
such as a small and often forgotten space

or an entry wall, like this one with, classic Florence Broadhurst

and a little funky wallpaper can turn some simple lamps into unique sconces

On that note, I'd like to highlight a couple of my current favorites:
Adelphi Paper Hangings
These hand-blocked prints are historically accurate, but many of the patterns could fit right into a modern day home. What can I say? History does repeat itself.

Graham & Brown
With a new eco-line, this company now has it all: a mix of graphic prints, casual florals and textural neutrals

Madison & Grow
The prints here are classy and elegant, but very liveable. And the color palettes are beautiful

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post on some great ways to start using wallpaper!


No comments:

Post a Comment