Friday, October 23, 2009

can't believe I didn't know about this!

Can you hear the trumpets? I just stumbled on something so genius and wonderful that I can't stop smiling (maybe a tad melodramatic, but seriously I am excited). What did I find?

Spoonflower
, a company that lets you create custom fabric that they will print for you with no minimum yardage requirement. In my constant quest for the perfect pillows and curtains (and chair re-upholstery, etc. etc.) I have totally hit the jackpot here. To sweeten the pot, they offer eco-friendly fabrics and some seriously amazing prices. Plus, you can order a swatch for only $5 so you get to see your creation before you commit.

If you are looking for some inspiration or you'd prefer to let someone else's right brain do the walking, you can browse through the public libraries that are also for sale. And to make it all the more exciting, you can enter your creation in a weekly contest. So bring out your inner textile designer and get to work. I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

Here are a few of my faves:




No comments:

Post a Comment