Sunday, April 12, 2009

simply elegant

Recently, I was asked what my design style is. As an Interior Designer I make it a point not to have a specific style (though this seems to work quite well for people like Jonathan Adler and Candice Olson) because I like most styles, from historical to traditional to modern. It was one of the many reasons that I became a designer- to play around with different styles.

That said, I also believe that we do tend to be drawn toward certain styles at certain points in our lives. Factors like current trends, seasons and lifestyles all affect what we want to surround ourselves with.

So what was my response?

Well, for the sake of not going into my usual rant (see above), I threw out a couple of adjectives that I think describe the style phase that I am currently in: Simple Elegance

Since then I have run across a book called Easy Elegance, Atlanta Bartlett. It showcases spaces that are, you guessed it, elegant yet simple and the photography, by Polly Wreford, is what really grabs your attention. You could find me in any one of those spaces happily lounging the day away (err, I mean working).



No comments:

Post a Comment