Thursday, April 16, 2009

design innovations

I just received my updated binder of Innovations line of sustainable wallcoverings. Among some of the old favorites were some new items and I just couldn't wait to share!

My new favorite is called Origami Wood (guess why). I am currently imagining this on a wall behind a hostess station or reception desk. It's so texturally interesting and I'm thinking that on a large scale it would have the appearance of a cubist masterpiece - but subdued enough to work in more conservative spaces as well.



And for a couple of oohs and aahs, let's look at some shiny stuff. The first one is covered in Murano glass beads. In black it reminds me of an evening gown.



I also like the simple texture of mica chips in this paper, appropriately named Nautilus. It's got a soft sheen, not exactly irridescent, but eye-catching just the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment