Thursday, June 4, 2009

garden party

Spring always puts me in the mood for entertaining. I love the idea of simple, impromptu parties in the backyard; the kind where people shuffle in with their sandy flip-flops (from spending the day at the beach) or tennis shoes (from a full day of shopping) and swap stories over a margarita and some great food.

I love being a host almost as much as I love preparing for the party - planning meals and coordinating drinks, creating the right atmosphere and choosing the perfect little details to make my guests feel important. Did I say simple??? Well, it does take a little work...but it's fun work...and fun work is twice as rewarding.

Here's what I imagine my little garden soiree to be like.










all images courtesy of Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment