Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Menu

This week I've been menu planning for our Thanksgiving feast. We will be serving turkey, but we mostly stick to vegetarian fare in our home so I'm on the lookout for interesting twists on traditional veggie dishes, and I've come across some awesome recipes that I just had to share.

For Starters
This sounds delicious, simple and it's pretty cute (the perfect combo). Recipe is from the October issue of Southern Living.

A new spin on the classics:
Carrot Soufle
recipe from House Beautiful

Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Mushrooms & Spinach
from Sunset Magazine. Click here for the recipe

Browned Butter and Hazelnut Mashed Potatoes, also from Sunset mag

And for the morning after...

French Toast Bread Pudding! This is a Barefoot Contessa recipe from a recent issue of House Beautiful. I'll be serving this with fresh squeezed orange juice mimosas. Yum.

If you want a recipe for anything that wasn't included or linked let me know and I'll send it to you. Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment